We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Not all hostesses know how to preserve cabbage for the winter in jars, but this is quite simple to do. Such a vitamin snack will always be relevant: for a simple dinner or for a sudden visit of guests.
Canning with cabbage can be done in different ways, but it is advisable to follow the classic recipe and proven advice from experienced chefs.
- How to choose and prepare cabbage
- How to preserve cabbage for the winter in jars
- Pickled cabbage for the winter in jars without sterilization, recipes with photos
- Canned cabbage in slices, crispy
- Salting cabbage for the winter, sauerkraut recipes in jars
- Classic salting recipe
- Sauerkraut for the winter
How to choose and prepare a product
This vegetable is one of the most popular in our country and it is no secret that if you add it to a dish, it becomes much healthier.
The heads of cabbage contain valuable vitamins, fiber and microelements. Experienced housewives know that canned cabbage contains a lot of nutrients and prepare more jars for the winter.
It is very simple to make pickled cabbage, but before that you need to take into account several more important stages - the choice of good heads of cabbage and the preparation of the vegetable for conservation.
General signs of a good cabbage: It should be firm, weighty, with fresh leaves. You should not buy a head of cabbage if it shows some dryness, lethargy, or excessive hardness. It is recommended to buy this vegetable only in trusted stores, as it is prone to nitrate accumulation.
Sometimes it contains more salts and nitrogen compounds than watermelons.
The stump should be white. The head of cabbage should be firm to the touch.
The only exception is young cabbage, when its stalk is not yet completely solid. When buying, you should take a look at the stump: if it is too large, then most likely this vegetable was grown on nitrates. If in doubt, after buying a vegetable at home, you need to cut the stump and remove the top leaves.
It is advisable to ferment cabbage in late autumn, when the late varieties have already matured. For pickling, it is advisable to choose the hardest heads of cabbage. If you follow the folk signs of our great-grandmothers, then you need to ferment on the new moon, so that it is vigorous and crispy.
It is strictly forbidden to ferment cabbage in an aluminum dish. The best option is wooden tubs, glass jars.
It is optimal to prepare coarse rock salt in advance, and iodized salt is also undesirable. For 10 kilograms of cabbage, the ideal amount of salt is 200 grams. The larger the vegetable has been cut, the better its vitamin composition will be preserved.
If possible, it is recommended to add apples, cranberries or lingonberries to the cabbage.
Cut off after freezing, cabbage loses its bitterness, so the head of cabbage can be frozen in the freezer before cooking.
The washed vegetable must be removed from the upper leaves and stumps. You do not need to chop the leaves finely so that they do not lose vitamins. Fresh green leaves will also be needed during the cooking process.
How to preserve cabbage for the winter in jars
This appetizer is perfect as a stand-alone meal. Canned cabbage perfectly complements cabbage soup, hodgepodge, pastries, dumplings, vinaigrette.
Often, this snack is canned with the addition of vinegar essence, for example, wine or apple cider.
Successful vinegar analogues are:
- lemon acid;
- fresh lemon juice;
It is recommended to replace vinegar if there are children or diabetics in the family who do not want to eat this acid.
It is also important to preserve the cabbage heads with the addition of other vegetables. Carrots are an indispensable ingredient in the preparation of pickled cabbage salad. If desired, you can add bell peppers, beets, apples, horseradish root. Some recipes even include plums, pears and cranberries.
In cooking, the standard dressing for such a snack is aromatic sunflower oil mixed with sugar, salt, vinegar and water.
Standard seasonings are added for the spice:
- chili or jalapeno;
- dried dill and parsley.
Canned cabbage is prepared very quickly. Its beneficial properties persist for a long time and if you prepare more of such a snack, then the supply of vitamins for the winter is provided.
For those who have not canned vegetables before, it is worth knowing that before starting to prepare an important stage is sterilization of cans.
You need to make sure that there are no chips, cracks or other flaws on the dishes. The easiest way to clear a can of steam. You need a pot of boiling water and a grate on which the jar will stand. A can is considered sterilized when condensation from steam has appeared inside it. The jars must be dry before rolling the cabbage.
Pickled cabbage for the winter in jars without sterilization, recipes with photos
Consuming such vitamin kale can significantly improve the immune system.
Also, pickled cabbage helps to reduce joint pain, relieve symptoms of fever and other inflammations. This appetizer can be made with cold salting without sterilizing the jars.
For the recipe you will need:
- 1 large ripe cabbage head;
- 3 juicy carrots;
- 2 liters of filtered water;
- 4 black peppercorns;
- 2 laurel leaves;
- half a glass of rock salt;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 aspirin tablet for one can.
- Chop the washed cabbage with a special grater or with a knife, not very finely.
- Cut the carrots into large strips.
- Mix vegetables in a bowl.
- Pour water into the decanter, mix it with salt, sugar, spices. Stir with a spoon and pour into a saucepan. Heat spicy water to a boil over low heat. Remove from heat and pour in vinegar.
- Distribute the cabbage with carrots in clean jars.
- Pour the vegetables with the cooled marinade. Add an aspirin tablet to each jar. Close the cans with metal lids and roll up.
Let's watch a video on how to pickle cabbage for the winter in jars without sterilization:
Canned cabbage in slices, crispy
In order for the vegetable to retain the maximum useful properties, it is recommended to pickle cabbage leaves in larger pieces.
Nutritionists say that large chunks have twice the amount of vitamins compared to chopped ones.
Such a treat will become an irreplaceable snack on a holiday, and such a salad will decorate and diversify the daily menu.
- white cabbage, ripe and juicy, about 2 kg;
- 1 large beet;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- 1.5 liters of clean filtered water;
- 3 tablespoons of coarse salt or sea salt;
- 4 tablespoons of refined sugar;
- 8 pieces of allspice peas;
- 3 laurel leaves;
- 100 ml wine or ordinary 9% vinegar.
Step-by-step recipe for pickled cabbage slices:
- Cut the head of cabbage into large pieces, while removing too hard leaves and stump.
- Beets can be grated or cut into strips.
- Cut the garlic into medium-sized wedges.
- Mix all vegetables together in a deep saucepan or bowl.
- It is advisable not to crush the cabbage so that it is as crispy as possible.
- Arrange vegetables in jars.
- Pour water into an enamel saucepan. Put on fire until boiling. Then add salt and sugar. Add spices and boil for 10 minutes over low heat.
- It is not recommended to pour hot marinade into jars so that the glass does not crack. You need to wait until it cools down, and also do not forget to add vinegar to it.
- Pour the prepared marinade over the cabbage.
- Close with rotating metal lids.
Put the pickled cabbage salad in the refrigerator. It will be ready in 24 hours.
You can serve pickled cabbage with beets with vegetable oil and additional spices if desired.
Salting cabbage for the winter, sauerkraut recipes in jars
Salting and pickling vegetables are two different ways. It turns out that when salted cabbage loses many useful properties, and sauerkraut is much healthier.
Today, there is practically no difference between salted and sauerkraut, since salt is used in both versions.
The classic recipe for pickling cabbage
In the salad recipe, in addition to heads of cabbage, carrots are added. Such a dish always turns out delicious and juicy, and preparation does not take much time.
- 1 large head of cabbage;
- 3 medium carrots;
- 5 tablespoons of coarse salt;
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- The head of cabbage must be finely chopped. Mix the pieces with salt and mash them well.
- Grate carrots separately and mix with granulated sugar.
- Combine vegetables with each other, mix thoroughly and tamp in containers.
- Place oppression on top (for example, a bottle of water). Place the container with the cabbage in the bucket in case excess juice leaks out.
- Leave the vegetables in a room at room temperature for three days.
- Over time, drain the excess juice and put the cabbage in sterile jars. Store in a refrigerator or cellar.
Sauerkraut for the winter
An old recipe for real sauerkraut without added salt is the perfect vitamin snack in the cold season.
Required products for one enamel bucket:
- 6 kg of ripe white cabbage;
- 2 kg of carrots;
- 3-4 cloves;
- 3 laurel leaves;
- 2 tablespoons of dill seeds.
- Chop the cabbage and coarsely grate the carrots. Stir vegetables with dill seeds.
- Other spices can be added if desired.
- Tamp the cabbage tightly into the bucket.
- Put a plate on top, on which to put oppression.
- The secret of delicious cabbage is in oppression - it is desirable that it be from 10 to 20 kg.
- The cabbage will start juice after 30-36 hours. After that, you can replace the oppression with a lighter 2-4 kg.
- After three days, the cargo must be removed. Insist the cabbage for another 5 hours and after this time the appetizer will be ready.
Cooked sauerkraut should be stored in glass jars in the refrigerator.
In order to make delicious canned cabbage for the winter, it does not take much time, effort and experience. Both an experienced chef and a beginner can prepare such a vitamin salad.
Let's watch the video and find out another very tasty recipe for salting cabbage: