We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Barleria blue is appreciated by flower growers due to its attractive flowers. This is a rather attractive houseplant, the only drawback, perhaps, is that the color subsides after a couple of days.
- Features of growing a plant
- How does Barleria blue reproduce?
- Difficulties in plant cultivation
Features of growing a plant
Barleria blue is an evergreen shrub. The homeland of the plant is the tropical zone of Asia and Africa. Very often you can find the second name of the flower - the Filipino violet, although the plant has nothing to do with violets at all. Caring for a plant of this type is absolutely uncomplicated, it does not require special skills and knowledge.
Small pots are selected for growing plants. When choosing a pot, be guided by the fact that there are holes at the bottom for the "excess water" to drain. Do not forget about the drainage, which must be placed in the bottom of the pot. This will help prevent root rot.
Barleria is a light-loving plant, therefore it is necessary to take care of sufficient lighting of the plant.
Diffused light is the best choice for a houseplant. The only thing to be afraid of direct sunlight. In insufficient light, the trunks of the plant begin to stretch upward. In some cases, barleria blue stops blooming altogether.
The most optimal temperature for a plant is considered to be a temperature of 18-20 degrees Celsius. However, this indicator is relevant in the spring-summer period. Keep the temperature at 15-17 degrees Celsius in autumn and winter. The plant goes into a dormant period, metabolic processes slow down, nutrients accumulate in order to please the hostess with a beautiful flowering in the spring.
Watering is no different. It is important to remember that you need to water the plant if the soil is completely dry, otherwise you will encounter an unpleasant phenomenon - root rot. In winter, the amount of watering should be reduced to 2 times a month.
Barleria Blue Care Tips:
- Cut off dried twigs from time to time. Be sure to shoot the color after flowering. These actions will prevent reproduction and the appearance of pests.
- For watering and spraying, use only settled water.
- Top dressing is best done in the spring.
- In order for the blue barleria to please with a bright color, you should put the pot in a dark place for 10 days. This will help the leaves build up starch. The best period for the procedure is spring.
As you can see, the blue barleria does not require specific maintenance. If you follow the simple rules of care, the plant will bring its share of comfort to any living space.
How does Barleria blue reproduce?
Under natural conditions, Barleria blue reproduces by seeds. At home, there are two methods of propagation: cuttings and seed sowing.
Features of seed propagation:
- After the plant has faded, the seed box must be allowed to ripen. Harvesting seeds is prohibited for two weeks.
- When fully ripe, collect the seeds in a box and allow to dry.
- Place the seeds in a potassium permanganate solution the day before planting. This will help get rid of pathogens.
- Pick up small pots and add black soil there.
- After the real leaves appear, it is necessary to make a pick, planting the seedlings in a separate dish.
- After the barleria gets stronger, feel the top to form a bush.
Cutting is best done in the summer, after the plant has faded. From the most viable stem, detach a small twig. It is better to cut it obliquely, this is due to the anatomical features of the plant (the presence of cambium). Place the cut petiole in warm water. After the roots appear, transplant the plant into a small pot.
Be sure to stick to the optimal temperature and do not forget to water on time. If you are anxious to see the first fruits of your work, then you can help the cuttings or seeds to take root faster. To do this, create the so-called greenhouse effect. Cover the pot with plastic wrap and the result will not be long in coming!
Difficulties in plant cultivation
When cultivating a plant, a florist may be faced with the wilting of the flower as a result of pest attacks. Spider mites or scale insects can harm Barleria blue.
What signs indicate the presence of pests:
- The leaves of the plant take on a yellow tint. Over time, they sprinkle altogether.
- The flower slows down growth and development.
- Dots can be seen on the back of the sheet. This is a favorite nesting site for larvae.
- A sticky web envelops the leaves.
- The plant is attacked by midges.
If these symptoms accompany a houseplant, action should be taken immediately. The best choice in this situation would be to purchase ready-made preparations for combating flower pests. As a rule, the use of the product gives a positive result from the first application. Recall that it is better to use the poison with gloves. You need to store the product in a dark, cool place.
So, we got acquainted with an amazing plant called blue barleria. The basics of caring for an indoor flower will give the correct development and growth of the plant. Following simple rules, you can easily grow a real flower miracle.
Barleria flower video: